Safety Tips: Pool Safety
Your pool is meant to be a source of fun and relaxation. Following these simple safety guidelines will help keep your pool fun and safe.
Simply follow these steps:
- Always make sure everybody in the pool knows how to swim. Never let anybody swim alone.
- Install a fence around your pool. In some communities it’s the law.
- Post "Pool Rules" and use pool depth markings.
- Don't take glass or other sharp objects into or around the pool.
- Keep a well-stocked first-aid kit handy. Keep an emergency medical phone number nearby.
- Take the time to learn first aid and CPR techniques. It could save a life.
- Don't dive into the shallow end.