Safety Tips: Chemical Safety
Your pool is meant to be a source of fun and relaxation. Following these simple safety guidelines will help keep your pool fun and safe.
Simply follow these steps:
- Always read Sustain product labels thoroughly and follow the directions carefully.
- Don’t mix the blue-colored Sustain tablets with stabilized chlorinating tablets, which are usually white. A fire or explosion could result. [ More info...]
- Before adding granular Sustain Shock Treatment to your skimmer, carefully remove the Sustain Tablet skimmer dispenser.
- Always store chemicals in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight and out of the reach of children. Avoid allowing chemicals to come in contact with skin, eyes, hair of clothing. [ More info...]
- Chemical pool treatment should always be done by a responsible adult, never a child.
- Chemical containers should be kept tightly closed when not in use. Empty containers should be disposed of properly and quickly. [ More info...]
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling any chemicals.
- Try to avoid spilling pool chemicals onto trees, shrubs, flowers and other flora. Always wear rubber gloves when handling pool chemicals.
- Safety goggles prevent eye injuries in case chemicals splash.
- Don’t mix different pool chemicals together. [ More info...]
- In case of an emergency, call AXIALLs Emergency Response Number at (304) 455-6882 or call your local Poison Control Center